Zooscan Users Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appendicularian biomass from images

2 posters

Go down

Appendicularian biomass from images Empty Appendicularian biomass from images

Post  LAPS Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Hello,

I am trying to estimate the carbon biomass of Appendicularians from Zooscan images. My problem is that the conversion factors in the literature relate to the size of the trunk of the animal and that I cannot convert ESD, AREA or FERET into biomass without considerable overestimation. Does anybody have a solution? ...other than doing manual measurements of the trunk on the vignettes.... :-(

Thank you,
Sabine

LAPS

Back to top Go down

Appendicularian biomass from images Empty Appendicularian biomass

Post  picheral Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Sabine,
I have no immediate answer nor solution to you request.
I can think adding new variables for the next Zooprocess version to be released soon. I could add the measurements of the area, minor and major of the organisms remaining surface at threshold that would eliminate the darker part of the body. You would then have to calibrate the measurements comparing the results from the PID files with manual measurements on images using the dedicated tool in Zooprocess after having for identified the objects.
I cannot provide a date for the delivery of these new parametres. Latest would be the end of August... earlier, next week if I can get time for that which is not easy !
Regards
Marc P.

picheral

http://www.zooscan.com

Back to top Go down

Appendicularian biomass from images Empty Appendicularian biomass from images.

Post  LAPS Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Bonjour Marc,
et merci pour ta réponse.
So for the time being, we will keep to manual measurements for this group!
A bientot,
Sabine

LAPS

Back to top Go down

Appendicularian biomass from images Empty Re: Appendicularian biomass from images

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down